Archive for August, 2008
Have you ever forgotten a friend’s birthday and felt really, really bad? Now you have no excuse!!
With Sendible reminders, you can import all your friends birthdays from Facebook and you’ll be sent a reminder via email on the morning of your friend’s birthday.
Take a look here:
To configure your birthday reminders, simply join Sendible here:
Once you’ve signed up, visit the My Alerts menu and click on the Birthdays option. Sendible will fetch all your contacts from Facebook and will add their birthdays to your Sendible calendar. Sendible will automatically email you a reminder when it’s your friend’s birthday! All for free. 🙂 You can then use Sendible to send your friend a birthday greeting using Email, SMS or even Facebook.
We have updated our SMS pricing and you can now send SMS messages to anywhere in the world for as little as 7 cents!
Take a look at our latest SMS pricing and features here:
You can use your SMS credits to do the following:
- Send SMS messages to anywhere in the world
- Schedule SMS messages to be delivered in the future
- Individual as well as group messaging
- Create events and send invites using SMS
- Send yourself reminders by SMS
- Recipients can reply to your SMS messages for free! Receive replies by email and in your Sendible news feed
We’ll soon be launching SMS picture messaging – so get your credits now!
We are excited to announce a new feature that allows recipients of your SMS messages to reply to your messages free of charge – via the web browser on their phones. You will receive the reply by email and in your Sendible news feed.
How does this work?
- A link is placed in the SMS message that takes the recipient to a mobile WAP page where they can reply with a message of any length.
- You will then be notified by email and the message can be viewed in your Sendible news feed.
What’s this useful for?
- Send a bunch of your contacts a question and get a response.
- Education: Send a quiz question/poll to your students and tally up replies.
- Business: Send an SMS to your clients/customers and receive feedback.
- Promotions: Send a promotional SMS to your customers and process the replies any way you like.
- We plan to launch picture and file sending functionality in the next few weeks…
- Mobile: You’ll be able to upload an image, and send it to a cellphone anywhere in the world, for the cost of a regular SMS credit.
- Email: You’ll be able to upload and email photos – we’ll handle the compression so that it’s a suitable size for emailing.
We have just launched the Sendible API which allows developers to write software applications that can make use of Sendible’s message scheduling technology to send SMS and Email messages to be delivered in the future.
For detailed documentation and to get your API key, visit http://www.sendible.com/api.
We have had an overwhelming response since launching Sendible a month ago. Almost 5000 users have registered and we’ve had around 30 000 messages sent.
Unfortunately, due to this overwhelming response, we have had to make the SMS service a paid-for-only service until we can get more advertisers on board. We are however offering AMAZING rates on SMS messages.
You can get 10 credits for $1 and obviously the more you buy, the cheaper it becomes.
Of course, We do still provide 5 free SMS reminders per month!