A new enhancement we’ve recently added to Sendible’s social media monitoring features is the ability to incorporate your Google alerts feed into the results.
To add a Google Alerts feed into Sendible Monitoring, follow the steps below:
- In Sendible, go to “Add/Edit Services”
- If no monitoring has been set up before, choose “Monitoring”, then “Brand Monitoring”, then “Add”
- If monitoring has been set up before, toggle to “My Services” on left, and select “Monitoring” tab
- Find the keyword monitoring you want to add Google Alerts to, and choose “Edit” on the far-right.
- Now, in a separate browser window, login to your Google Alerts
- Make sure that where it says “deliver to”, you change that to say “Google Reader”
- Now, while pointing at/hovering over the orange RSS icon to the right of the words “Google Reader”, right-click, and select “copy link location” (note: don’t choose “copy image location” by mistake)
- Click back to the Sendible browser window, and “paste” that link into the Google Alerts feed field. The link should look like this: http://www.alerts/feeds/##########, where # represents a bunch of numbers.
- Now, click to the beginning of this feed address, and delete the http://, since Sendible already has this selected for you in the previous box.
- Scroll to the bottom, and click “Save”
If you would like to submit a tip for us to publish to the Sendible blog or user guide, please contact us.