Posts Tagged marketing tools
You knew it was coming. Facebook Timeline for Business is here, bringing with it some new and powerful social media marketing tools. Let’s take a look at how to put this relatively new arrival to work.
Facebook Timeline lets you use a photo much like the one on a magazine, on the banner-like image at the top of the page. You’ll make a good first impression with an image of your key product or brand and what you’re looking for in a customer relationship. Stay away from specifics such as pricing, like or share requests, and contact information. Your cover is there strictly to attract attention.
All About “About”
The About section tells your story and holds your profile image, along with statistics on your total fans and how many mentions you’ve earned. Describe your business here, but be brief because you’ve only got 150 characters to do the job. A link to a map and other basic facts is also part of the About section.
Changes in Apps Your apps have moved. They’re now under your cover image and to the right of the About section. But more than looks are new. You can now upload an image to represent the page visually. There are a total of four apps on the home page, a standard one for Photos, and three more to make your own. You can also add apps with the More button. Be sure these pages contain appealing names and photos.
Changes in the Admin Panel There’s a new Admin Panel, too. It’s on top of your Timeline and gives you a fast review of page activity. The Admin Panel also includes an Insights section for additional customer detail.
Notes on Posts Posting hasn’t changed on the new Timeline. Interesting and relevant posts are still the best way to appeal to readers. But Timeline does offer some new ways to add life to your posts.
- Timeline posts are in two columns that swap between left-and-right. But for added emphasis you can also highlight a post by spreading it over both columns.
- You can now pin a post to the top of your Timeline for up to seven days. It’s a great technique for short-term promotions.
- You can also use Timeline to share key moments in your company such as new product introductions. A little history lesson never hurts when you’re building a brand or an image.
That’s the basics of Timeline for business. Put it to work for you.
- Social Media Reporting Feature Updates
- Introducing Sendible Insights
- Walkthrough of Sendible’s Social Media Analytics – Video
- Announcing Sendible’s New Analytics Dashboard
- Funny Facebook Cover Photos
- Changes in the UK Higher Education Market- Utilizing social media
- Changes to the Sendible bulk message importer
- London 2012: The most sociable games yet
- Using Email and SMS to Complement Social Media
- Five ways to judge social media management software
- @NealSchaffer It was such a blast meeting you at #SMMW19! 😍👏 Thanks for sharing, Neal! 😇 ^VB 1 hour ago
- Making #hiring decisions as an #agency can be tough. Use this guide to simplify your life. 🙌 Read the full article… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT @ParkHowell: Congratulations @GavinHammar for launching your @Sendible #PODCAST. No easy task. But it underscores your commitment to hel… 10 hours ago
- Our Customer Support Team Manager Shanaaz goes above and beyond for our customers and they ❤️ her for it! "I love… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @ailsa_prima @wvhtlucy Woohoo! 👏 We are SO glad to hear that, Ailsa! 😍 Let us know if you need anything else to make your decision. ^VB 3 days ago
Tagsaccounts albums analytics API app approval assign birthday bulk case study cheap dashboard distribute blog Email engagement event Events Facebook Facebook Page facebook status feature fan page Features features reminders SMS email social networks messaging features sendible facebook wall posts schedule free Gmail Hotmail how to introduction LinkedIn link preview management messaging MMS mobile News opt-in organise organize photos picture messaging publicity review article receive recurring replies reports reviews review video demogirl RSS Schedule scheduling sendible sendible SMS credits sentiment analysis sms sms advertising advert ad campaign social media social media dashboard Social Media Management social media monitoring Social network social networks Software status updates tasks text message text messaging thumbnail tools twitter video sendible review sms free scheduling WAP welcome workflow Yahoo