Posts Tagged messaging
Sendible is a free messaging tool that enables you to schedule emails and sms messages to be sent in the future. Sendible allows you to import your Facebook friends’ birthdays, schedule an email or sms ahead of time and send it at a predetermined time on your friend’s birthday. Sendible can also be used for appointment reminders which can be set up months before the appointment takes place.
How to schedule an email:
Log in to sendible.com. You will then be taken to your Newsfeed where you will see your messages that have previously been sent or are going to be sent in the future.
Click on Create New and then you are provided with choices either Email, Multi Message or Sms Text Message. In this case, click on Email.
Enter the address in the To box, these can be retrieved from your contacts by clicking on To. Choose the Send Date and time using the drop-down boxes or the calendar. You can now choose to make your email recurring or once-off. Add the subject, type your email and click Create. If you would like a notificiation of its delivery then click Notify me when the message has been sent. Very useful when scheduling!
You also have the option to Attach a File (up to 5MB) and insert an image.
Sendible also allows you to import all your Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail contacts.
We are excited to announce a new feature that allows recipients of your SMS messages to reply to your messages free of charge – via the web browser on their phones. You will receive the reply by email and in your Sendible news feed.
How does this work?
- A link is placed in the SMS message that takes the recipient to a mobile WAP page where they can reply with a message of any length.
- You will then be notified by email and the message can be viewed in your Sendible news feed.
What’s this useful for?
- Send a bunch of your contacts a question and get a response.
- Education: Send a quiz question/poll to your students and tally up replies.
- Business: Send an SMS to your clients/customers and receive feedback.
- Promotions: Send a promotional SMS to your customers and process the replies any way you like.
- We plan to launch picture and file sending functionality in the next few weeks…
- Mobile: You’ll be able to upload an image, and send it to a cellphone anywhere in the world, for the cost of a regular SMS credit.
- Email: You’ll be able to upload and email photos – we’ll handle the compression so that it’s a suitable size for emailing.