Posts Tagged opt-in
We’re excited to announce our new SMS group feature to compliment Sendible’s existing SMS options. This new feature allows contacts to opt-in via an SMS keyword and join your group allowing you to send SMS texts to your customers in bulk.
To setup an opt-in number to be able to send and receive SMS texts, follow the steps below:
- Go to Add/Edit Services > SMS.
- Locate the “Group SMS” service and click “Add”.
- Enter the SMS keyword. This is a unique keyword that will be used by contacts be able to opt-in via SMS.
- Pick a number from the available numbers in the dropdown list. This is the number that new and existing customers will be able to use to reach you.
- Select the group to add the new contact to once they’ve opted in. You’ll be able to send bulk SMS messages to this group of contacts at any time from within the Message Box.
- Enter an automatic response. This automatic response is what will be sent to anyone that opts in for the first time via your SMS keyword.
- Click “Save Settings”.
- Now you can advertise your selected number and keyword so that new and existing contacts can opt in to receive SMS texts from your company.
9. When a new customer opts in or sends you a text message, Sendible will notify you via email and all incoming text messages will be available within the Priority Inbox under Message Box.
Be sure to let us know what you think of our new SMS opt-in feature in the comments below!
Sendible is a great social media management tool, but we also make it easy for people to compose, track and analyze email marketing campaigns.
A great way to grow your email mailng list is through Sendible’s opt-in widget.
Our opt-in widget allows users on your website, blog or even Facebook Page to add themselves directly to your address book and can be setup in 4 easy steps:
- If you don’t already have a Sendible account, you can sign up for one here.
- Log into your Sendible account.
- Go to My Contacts and select the Widget section.
- Click “Get Started” and select the standard fields that you would like to appear on your capture form.
- Go to Step 2 and click “New Field” to create any additional custom fields you would like your customers/contacts to fill in.
- After creating any additional fields, proceed to Step 3. Here you can customize the button text and the page to direct users to after signing up. You can also create/select a group of contacts that can be notified whenever a new customer signs up.
- Finally, go to Step 4, where you can select the Sendible group (mailing list) that all new contacts are added to.
You can click the Preview button to preview and test the widget. When you’re ready, click “Get Widget Code”. This is the code that you’ll need to copy and paste onto your website or blog to have the capture form appear.