Posts Tagged shortcode
We’re excited to announce our new SMS group feature to compliment Sendible’s existing SMS options. This new feature allows contacts to opt-in via an SMS keyword and join your group allowing you to send SMS texts to your customers in bulk.
To setup an opt-in number to be able to send and receive SMS texts, follow the steps below:
- Go to Add/Edit Services > SMS.
- Locate the “Group SMS” service and click “Add”.
- Enter the SMS keyword. This is a unique keyword that will be used by contacts be able to opt-in via SMS.
- Pick a number from the available numbers in the dropdown list. This is the number that new and existing customers will be able to use to reach you.
- Select the group to add the new contact to once they’ve opted in. You’ll be able to send bulk SMS messages to this group of contacts at any time from within the Message Box.
- Enter an automatic response. This automatic response is what will be sent to anyone that opts in for the first time via your SMS keyword.
- Click “Save Settings”.
- Now you can advertise your selected number and keyword so that new and existing contacts can opt in to receive SMS texts from your company.
9. When a new customer opts in or sends you a text message, Sendible will notify you via email and all incoming text messages will be available within the Priority Inbox under Message Box.
Be sure to let us know what you think of our new SMS opt-in feature in the comments below!