Posts Tagged sms
We’re excited to announce our new SMS group feature to compliment Sendible’s existing SMS options. This new feature allows contacts to opt-in via an SMS keyword and join your group allowing you to send SMS texts to your customers in bulk.
To setup an opt-in number to be able to send and receive SMS texts, follow the steps below:
- Go to Add/Edit Services > SMS.
- Locate the “Group SMS” service and click “Add”.
- Enter the SMS keyword. This is a unique keyword that will be used by contacts be able to opt-in via SMS.
- Pick a number from the available numbers in the dropdown list. This is the number that new and existing customers will be able to use to reach you.
- Select the group to add the new contact to once they’ve opted in. You’ll be able to send bulk SMS messages to this group of contacts at any time from within the Message Box.
- Enter an automatic response. This automatic response is what will be sent to anyone that opts in for the first time via your SMS keyword.
- Click “Save Settings”.
- Now you can advertise your selected number and keyword so that new and existing contacts can opt in to receive SMS texts from your company.
9. When a new customer opts in or sends you a text message, Sendible will notify you via email and all incoming text messages will be available within the Priority Inbox under Message Box.
Be sure to let us know what you think of our new SMS opt-in feature in the comments below!
Over the past few months we have focused on improving our website performance and enhancing our user experience. We’ve recently moved to a new web hosting environment and have also added a new services page which can be used to import your Social Network and Email accounts.
This page allows you to add new services or update and resync your existing services. See below:
We’ve also made it possible for you to select the contacts you’d like to import:
Sendible is a messaging service that integrates with a variety of platforms and services including SMS, Email, Twitter and Facebook. Sendible is also great for backing up all your online contacts and accessing them from one central messaging platform.
Sendible is a free messaging tool that enables you to schedule emails and sms messages to be sent in the future. Sendible allows you to import your Facebook friends’ birthdays, schedule an email or sms ahead of time and send it at a predetermined time on your friend’s birthday. Sendible can also be used for appointment reminders which can be set up months before the appointment takes place.
How to schedule an email:
Log in to sendible.com. You will then be taken to your Newsfeed where you will see your messages that have previously been sent or are going to be sent in the future.
Click on Create New and then you are provided with choices either Email, Multi Message or Sms Text Message. In this case, click on Email.
Enter the address in the To box, these can be retrieved from your contacts by clicking on To. Choose the Send Date and time using the drop-down boxes or the calendar. You can now choose to make your email recurring or once-off. Add the subject, type your email and click Create. If you would like a notificiation of its delivery then click Notify me when the message has been sent. Very useful when scheduling!
You also have the option to Attach a File (up to 5MB) and insert an image.
Sendible also allows you to import all your Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail contacts.
We have updated our SMS pricing and you can now send SMS messages to anywhere in the world for as little as 7 cents!
Take a look at our latest SMS pricing and features here:
You can use your SMS credits to do the following:
- Send SMS messages to anywhere in the world
- Schedule SMS messages to be delivered in the future
- Individual as well as group messaging
- Create events and send invites using SMS
- Send yourself reminders by SMS
- Recipients can reply to your SMS messages for free! Receive replies by email and in your Sendible news feed
We’ll soon be launching SMS picture messaging – so get your credits now!
We are excited to announce a new feature that allows recipients of your SMS messages to reply to your messages free of charge – via the web browser on their phones. You will receive the reply by email and in your Sendible news feed.
How does this work?
- A link is placed in the SMS message that takes the recipient to a mobile WAP page where they can reply with a message of any length.
- You will then be notified by email and the message can be viewed in your Sendible news feed.
What’s this useful for?
- Send a bunch of your contacts a question and get a response.
- Education: Send a quiz question/poll to your students and tally up replies.
- Business: Send an SMS to your clients/customers and receive feedback.
- Promotions: Send a promotional SMS to your customers and process the replies any way you like.
- We plan to launch picture and file sending functionality in the next few weeks…
- Mobile: You’ll be able to upload an image, and send it to a cellphone anywhere in the world, for the cost of a regular SMS credit.
- Email: You’ll be able to upload and email photos – we’ll handle the compression so that it’s a suitable size for emailing.