Posts Tagged Social games
With one of the most memorable games of our time coming to a close last weekend, social media has stood to become a key indicator in gaging the public’s reactions to the games and any controversies that have ensued. The most notable eruption on the social media sphere was with regards to NBC (the US television network) – Its lack of coverage to US audiences of the full opening ceremony and the decision to delay transmission of the Games so that it could maximise its advertising revenue in primetime had sparked ridicule from TV critics and outrage from the US public.
Social media has become a powerful tool for users to vent anger and frustration as well as celebrate and commemorate the games. The medium has come a long way since Bejing in 2008 then Facebook was still in its infancy stages with just 100 million users. Now, the network has surpassed 900 million. A similar story can be said for Twitter – six million users were on the service in 2008. Now, over 600 million have signed up.
The social emphasis on these games hasn’t gone unnoticed during the Olympics and Paralympic games Twitter is being harnessed to display the huge pride in the achievements of Team GB’s Olympians by lighting up the EDF Energy London Eye. Tweets that are centred around the Games will be analysed throughout the course of the Olympics, and will use those tweets to power a spectacular light show at 9 pm and 10 pm every evening.
Using the Sendible social media dashboard, the monitoring feature can analyse the whole of the social web, generating data from many sources (not just Twitter). These sources can be from; blogs, microblogs, social networks and even comments on sites such as YouTube. Sendible’s unique algorithm scores the sentiment of each individual post by looking out for key words and phrases. Overwhelmingly the games look to be a success with the positive buzz around the games generating a rating of 89%!
- Social Media Reporting Feature Updates
- Introducing Sendible Insights
- Walkthrough of Sendible’s Social Media Analytics – Video
- Announcing Sendible’s New Analytics Dashboard
- Funny Facebook Cover Photos
- Changes in the UK Higher Education Market- Utilizing social media
- Changes to the Sendible bulk message importer
- London 2012: The most sociable games yet
- Using Email and SMS to Complement Social Media
- Five ways to judge social media management software
- Don't have big social campaigns planned for the #christmas season? You can still take get in the spirit with someth… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Number of Decision Makers X Number of Buying Journey Stages = Number of Pieces of Content ✅ #contentmarketing bit.ly/2xwFmg2 5 hours ago
- LinkedIn is a platform based on relationships. Connect with people who can be impacted, or drive impact, for your b… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- RT @dknowlton1: Watch this webinar & learn 8 areas to focus on when developing your #socialmediamarketing strategy youtu.be/1RGNqrhXCXQ… 7 hours ago
- Happy #christmasjumperday! Join us in supporting @savechildrenuk - donate £5 now by texting TEAMSENDIBLE to 70050 🎉… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
Tagsaccounts albums analytics API app approval assign birthday bulk case study cheap dashboard distribute blog Email engagement event Events Facebook Facebook Page facebook status feature fan page Features features reminders SMS email social networks messaging features sendible facebook wall posts schedule free Gmail Hotmail how to introduction LinkedIn link preview management messaging MMS mobile News opt-in organise organize photos picture messaging publicity review article receive recurring replies reports reviews review video demogirl RSS Schedule scheduling sendible sendible SMS credits sentiment analysis sms sms advertising advert ad campaign social media social media dashboard Social Media Management social media monitoring Social network social networks Software status updates tasks text message text messaging thumbnail tools twitter video sendible review sms free scheduling WAP welcome workflow Yahoo