Posts Tagged social media marketing tool
Today, Facebook pages are almost as common as business cards. This social media marketing tool turned phenomenon is everywhere. But the difference between one-time visitors and fans can be a big one. Although there are many ways to build your Facebook fan base, here’s 10 to get you started.
1. Email and Ezine Make it Easy
If your email list lets readers opt-in, use it to invite them to your fan page. Spread the invitation out over time and you can even ask more than once. It’s also a good idea to describe your page and give them a reason to join.
2. Sign on to Your Signature Block
It’s also a good idea to include a link to your fan page in email. Make it part of the signature block and it will be seen without detracting from your other messages.
3. Go Video
A video on the “who, what and why” of your fan page is a great way to convince one-time visitors to become long-term fans. Be sure to change any references to a “fan button” to a “like button.”
4. When They Tag, You’re It
Post photos taken at promotional or sales gatherings and you’ll help give your fan page a human face. Then ask your visitors to tag them.
5. Advertise on Facebook
Facebook takes care of its own. You can buy highly-precise, and relatively inexpensive, advertising right on Facebook itself. Click the “Advertising” link at the bottom of any page and go from there. Visitors can become fans by clicking on the ad, even before they visit your page.
6. Connect to Twitter
Link your fan page to Twitter and you automatically share content on both sites. Stay inside Twitter’s 140 character limit if you can. Or use the 420 characters Facebook gives you, let them shorten your post, and link it back to your fan page.
7. Pursue Print
Chances are you still use print in many aspects of your business. Add links to your social media sites on everything printed, from letterhead to magazine ads.
8. Go Retail
If bricks and mortar are part of your company, be sure you have signage that lets all your retail customers in on your fan page. Encourage them to join in-store by offering an immediate incentive from a store employee.
9. Write on Walls
Used in moderation, including an @ tag as a sign-off when you write on a friend’s wall can attract fans. It’s a lot less heavy-handed than including a complete signature block.
10. Sign Other Pages
You can use the same technique, again with restraint, when you post on someone else’s fan page. Stay away from competitor’s pages though.
- Social Media Reporting Feature Updates
- Introducing Sendible Insights
- Walkthrough of Sendible’s Social Media Analytics – Video
- Announcing Sendible’s New Analytics Dashboard
- Funny Facebook Cover Photos
- Changes in the UK Higher Education Market- Utilizing social media
- Changes to the Sendible bulk message importer
- London 2012: The most sociable games yet
- Using Email and SMS to Complement Social Media
- Five ways to judge social media management software
- @AdaldaCorp Hey @AdaldaCorp We'd love to send you our social media holidays calendar, could you dm us with your mai… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- @Marc_Creighton Hey @Marc_Creighton We'd love to send you our social media holidays calendar, could you dm us with… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- @IregiGeorge Hey @IregiGeorge thanks so much for your #SendibleImageEditor competition entry! We'd love to send you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- Hey @franzrusso thanks so much for your #SendibleImageEditor competition entry! We'd love to send you a calendar, c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- @Marci_Goodwin Hey @Marci_Goodwin thanks so much for your #SendibleImageEditor competition entry! We'd love to send… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
Tagsaccounts albums analytics API app approval assign birthday bulk case study cheap dashboard distribute blog Email engagement event Events Facebook Facebook Page facebook status feature fan page Features features reminders SMS email social networks messaging features sendible facebook wall posts schedule free Gmail Hotmail how to introduction LinkedIn link preview management messaging MMS mobile News opt-in organise organize photos picture messaging publicity review article receive recurring replies reports reviews review video demogirl RSS Schedule scheduling sendible sendible SMS credits sentiment analysis sms sms advertising advert ad campaign social media social media dashboard Social Media Management social media monitoring Social network social networks Software status updates tasks text message text messaging thumbnail tools twitter video sendible review sms free scheduling WAP welcome workflow Yahoo